Educational Video Content Creator (Bilingual)
We are seeking bilingual (Spanish/English, Portuguese/English) Video Content Creators. This is a critical role on a small team perfect for self-motivated creators who are passionate about language and enjoy flexibility and autonomy in a fully remote workplace.
Jiveworld is an innovative digital language learning platform focused on immersive learning through spoken story content. Its patented assisted-listening player gives intermediate-level and above learners the support and guidance they need to understand native speakers from around the world. Formerly known as "Lupa," Jiveworld Español launched in 2019 in partnership with the award-winning, NPR-distributed Radio Ambulante. The partnership serves as an additional revenue stream for the narrative journalism podcast hosted by novelist, journalist, and MacArthur Fellow, Daniel Alarcón.
The Video Content Creator will be the face and voice of Jiveworld on social media platforms, primarily focusing on Instagram and YouTube. They will script, create, and post videos that are educational and entertaining for language learners, with the ultimate goal of acquiring new subscribers to Jiveworld. The ideal candidates are fluent in English and Spanish or Portuguese and able to develop and execute short-form insightful content for English speakers learning intermediate and advanced Spanish or Portuguese speakers learning intermediate and advanced English.
- Script, shoot, and edit short-form video content primarily for Instagram and YouTube, ensuring alignment with Jiveworld's brand and mission.
- Appear on camera, representing Jiveworld's brand in an authentic, knowledgeable, and professional manner.
- Develop and manage a monthly content calendar.
- Meet deadlines for content submissions and revisions
- Collaborate with senior leadership to strategize content that drives brand awareness and new member acquisition.
- Monitor content performance metrics and trends in social media in order to provide recommendations and guide content strategies.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish OR English and Portuguese; proficiency in additional languages is a bonus.
- Proven experience in video content creation for social media platforms, especially Instagram and YouTube.
- Comfortable and charismatic on camera, with a clear understanding of how to represent a brand's voice and image.
- Exceptional storytelling abilities, ensuring content is both informative and captivating.
- Strong editing skills and familiarity with basic editing software.
- Collaborative spirit and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for language learning and a strong alignment with Jiveworld's mission.
Along with resume and links to example videos, interested applicants should submit a 30-second to 1-minute video introducing themselves and explaining what unique attributes they would bring to Jiveworld as our lead creator.